Data request

From: Chris Mann (cman7273_at_EmailProtected)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 18:22:13 EST

    Hi,

    I'm one of the Uni students Michelle mentioned in her last email. I'm studying
    Science at Sydney University, and I'm in the Talented Students Program (TSP).
    The TSP, designed for students with exceptional results in the HSC (I got
    lucky), provides many opportunities to "spice up" a regular degree with things
    like, in the case of Physics, special seminars and a 2nd semester research
    project on some of the things interesting physicists today - like the SEARFE
    project.

    The two of us are going to be looking at several aspects of SEARFE, including
    how best to analyse and interpret the data you are all collecting with the kits
    you've been sent. So, one of the first things that would probably be useful
    would be to get a couple of sample sets of data.

    So, could you please send me a couple of sets of data you have already
    collected. For the moment, it doesn't really matter what settings or range
    you've used, as long as you mention them somewhere so we can tell what we're
    looking at.

    Thanks everyone for your help. My partner and I will be keeping you informed
    about our progress every so often, just so you know that what you're doing is
    actually of use :) I'd also like to see some of the students from the Sydney
    area at the Sydney Uni Courses and Careers Day on August 31st.

    Thanks a lot,

    Chris

    --
    Chris Mann, Student, University of Sydney

    ------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP: www-mail.usyd.edu.au