To Michelle, 3D Graph Problem

From: Oliver Mather (oliverm_at_student.unsw.edu.au)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 12:16:32 EST

    Hi Michelle,

    The 3D plot is saved in the same fashion as the other plots.

    It works by painting the window that we can see to an invisible window
    in memory. The image is then extracted from the invisible window and
    written to a file.

    The problem is caused when the window is painted in memory. 3D graphics
    are a little more complex and are implemented in a different way.

    In the previous version this worked because I used visad utilities to
    extract the image, rather than doing it manually. I changed this so we
    could have nicer titles and plot information stored on the image.

    I'll add this to my bug list. It can be fixed with a bit of mucking
    around. Although the 3D Graphics are a little unreliable, primarily
    because of the older laptops and the java3D/Visad packages.

    As a workaround, The plot can easily be copied to the clipboard by
    selecting the window, and pressing Alt+PrintScrn. This is a standard
    windows command. It will copy the selected window to the clipboard. It
    can then be pasted into Word, Photoshop etc and then saved manually.

    Hope this helps,
    Cheers,
    Oliver